Sunday, February 22, 2015

When Will It Be Done

I keep asking Gary and John, when will we move in.  Mostly I get answers like , "Well, it depends." I am interested primarily because I will be traveling for two weeks in late April and don't want to leave all the moving to Gary.



Cabinets
Gary's truck wasn't tall enough to clear the snow

 Since John and Gary won't tell me, maybe I should go back to a party we had at the house in late October.  I asked everyone there to guess when we would be moving in.  Here's the guesses:
  • Jo - March 26
  • Pat - April 1
  • Leah - April 15
  • Cheryl - April 26
  • Doug - April 30
  • Dave - May 19
  • Gary - May 26
  • Merv - June 1
  • Gordon - June ?
  • Lynette - June 18
I know that Jo and I have missed the mark.  My guess right now is that Cheryl, Doug, and Dave will be closest.  I am hoping that Lynette and Gordon are not the winners.

Where do we stand with remaining work?  Cabinets are here and Troy has started to install them.  They must be installed before they can measure the counter tops.  The counters won't be installed for another 3 weeks and the plumbing finishing will happen after the counters are installed.  But during that time, we need to finish:
View from bedroom window
View from the bathroom
  • Flooring, hardwood and carpet installed
  • Tile flooring that Gary will install
  • Trim carpentry and doors installed 
  • Bathroom shower tile that Gary will install
  • Install cabinets
  • Install counter tops
  • Finish plumbing
  • Finish HVAC
  • Shower doors installed
  • Gary will finish electrical - waiting on fixtures
  • Finish outside siding, soffits
  • Appliances installed
  • Finish grading
Maybe Lynette has the right date of June 18,


No comments:

Post a Comment